2017 Futures Conference: Imagination - Inspiration - Innovation
- Kevin Mitnick, the world’s most famous hacker.
- David Pescovitz, research director at the Institute for the Future and a co-editor/partner at the influential tech/culture website Boing Boing.
- The Futures School with Nicole Baker Rosa, offers a vision to a brand new approach to Strategic Foresight.
- Dr. James Hughes, distinguished professor and nationally recognized expert on demographics, housing and regional economics.
- Live Demo: oculus with Cindy Ball
- Anthony Iovino, Arcari & Iovino Architects
- Phil Bowermaster, one of web’s leading bloggers on emerging technologies, emerging possibilities and the future.
- Rakia Reynolds, Founder and CEO of Skai Blue Media, all-star roster of non-profit, lifestyle and technology clients such as Ashley Graham, Serena Williams, Dell, Landit. An influencer and expert in the creative business industry.
When? September 25th and 26th
Where? Borgata Hotel and Casino, Atlantic City, NJ – Discounted Room Rates: $114 (plus 14% Occupancy Tax and $5 Atlantic City Occupancy Fee) per night.
A block of hotel rooms has been reserved at the Borgata at the rate of $114 (plus 14% Occupancy Tax and $5 Atlantic City Occupancy Fee) per night.
- For reservations register online or contact the Borgata Hotel Reservations Department at 609-317-1000 and identify yourself as an attendee of the Futures Conference using Group Code: GBNJL17.
- Detailed driving directions and maps to Borgata.
- Self-parking is available at the Borgata hotel garage for $5 per night for hotel guests. Valet parking is located at the entrance to The Water Club for $10 per visit.
Registration? Opens June 29th, librarians from Partner States (CT) enjoy a reduced registration date of $195.
Please contact Dawn La Valle @ email@example.com for Registration Access Code
- Monday, September 25, 2017
- 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Other location
To register for a DLD workshop or webinar, you must be a current staff member, Friend, or Board Member/Trustee of a library in CT. If you are an unemployed librarian in CT, please contact Steve Cauffman (firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-704-2223) to register.
If you cannot attend a workshop you have registered for, please remember to cancel at least 3 days in advance so we can give your spot to someone else. You can cancel via the link in your confirmation email, or by contacting Steve Cauffman email@example.com | (860) 704-2223.
Those who miss (without cancelling) 3 events within a 6-month period will be placed on the waiting list when registering for future events. Be sure to sign in when you arrive for any workshop.
Inclement Weather Policy
For all in-person workshops offered by the CT State Library, Division of Library Development:
If the public schools in the town where the workshop is to be held close due to weather, the workshop will be canceled. If the schools have a delay, the workshop will go on as scheduled.
For the most up-to-date information, call us at 860-704-2200.