Kick-Starting Author Involvement with Your School (Free Webinar)
This is a free webinar from the American Association of School Librarians (AASL).
Authors of books for teens are "hot." Their visits to schools inspire reading – and questions! Your library is The Place to build book excitement because your students want to know everything about their favorite writers. Four YA authors – Susan Dennard, Danielle Paige, Mindee Arnett, and Natalie Richards – and school librarian Dorcas Hand (Houston, TX) – will present proven ways to connect your students, teachers, and school to writers who will excite them, encourage them and inspire them.
- Provides school librarians with specific practices and suggestions they can put to use immediately to revitalize teen reading.
- Aligns the librarian with the students and teachers by demonstrating the ability to move beyond the school to access valuable resources.
- Supports and strengthens advocacy for the library and librarian by putting the library front and center in programming that will not only be notable, but also popular.
Who Should Attend
- School library professionals and those interested in the topic.
Attendance during the live webinar is free and open to all. A seat in the webinar is reserved for the first 100 logins.
For details visit http://www.ala.org/aasl/ecollab/kickstarting
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Online - at your computer
- Other Webinar
To register for a DLD workshop or webinar, you must be a current staff member, Friend, or Board Member/Trustee of a library in CT. If you are an unemployed librarian in CT, please contact Steve Cauffman (firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-704-2223) to register.
If you cannot attend a workshop you have registered for, please remember to cancel at least 3 days in advance so we can give your spot to someone else. You can cancel via the link in your confirmation email, or by contacting Steve Cauffman email@example.com | (860) 704-2223.
Those who miss (without cancelling) 3 events within a 6-month period will be placed on the waiting list when registering for future events. Be sure to sign in when you arrive for any workshop.
Inclement Weather Policy
For all in-person workshops offered by the CT State Library, Division of Library Development:
If the public schools in the town where the workshop is to be held close due to weather, the workshop will be canceled. If the schools have a delay, the workshop will go on as scheduled.
For the most up-to-date information, call us at 860-704-2200.