USGS Library: Indexes, Catalogs, and Other Bibliographic Tools, A Day in the Life of a Reference Librarian (Free webinar)
This is a free webinar from the Federal Depository Library Program.
- Speaker: Emily C. Wild, Librarian (Physical Scientist) at the U.S. Geological Survey Denver Library
- Learning outcomes: The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Library provides reference services and instructional sessions to library users on finding print, digital, and online library materials. As library materials become more available in online and digital databases, finding print, CD-ROM, and online subscription library materials has become more challenging for library users. Online content is indexed and available as full-text content. However, there are many databases to navigate and many journals, conference proceedings, government reports, and other series that are only partially available as full-text content, and some citations are never captured in any, or very few, bibliographic databases. Additionally, database interfaces and access to subscription databases can change from year to year. Luckily, many library users ask for help, resulting in time savings and thorough instruction for science and engineering inquiries. This presentation will be an overview of the print, digital, and online information sources used in the USGS Denver Library during reference inquiries.
- Expected level of knowledge for participants: No prerequisite knowledge required
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Online - at your computer
- Other Webinar
To register for a DLD workshop or webinar, you must be a current staff member, Friend, or Board Member/Trustee of a library in CT. If you are an unemployed librarian in CT, please contact Steve Cauffman (firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-704-2223) to register.
If you cannot attend a workshop you have registered for, please remember to cancel at least 3 days in advance so we can give your spot to someone else. You can cancel via the link in your confirmation email, or by contacting Steve Cauffman email@example.com | (860) 704-2223.
Those who miss (without cancelling) 3 events within a 6-month period will be placed on the waiting list when registering for future events. Be sure to sign in when you arrive for any workshop.
Inclement Weather Policy
For all in-person workshops offered by the CT State Library, Division of Library Development:
If the public schools in the town where the workshop is to be held close due to weather, the workshop will be canceled. If the schools have a delay, the workshop will go on as scheduled.
For the most up-to-date information, call us at 860-704-2200.