What is the Federal Register? (Free webinar)
This is a free webinar from the Federal Depository Library Program.
- Speaker: John Hyrum Martinez, Director of the Publications and Services Division, Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Learning outcomes: Curious about the Federal Register and want to learn more about this core “Government in the Sunshine” resource? This webinar will demonstrate an overview of the Federal Register, presented by the Office of the Federal Register. It is appropriate for anyone who ever gets questions about: food labelling requirements, cosmetic ingredients, Fair Labor standards, oil drilling regulations, the Physician Fee Schedule, pesticide tolerances, net neutrality, presidential proclamations and executive orders in the news, and so much more. The Federal Register is the official daily publication for rules, proposed rules, and notices of Federal agencies and organizations, as well as executive orders and other Presidential documents. This webinar will cover the historical background and purpose of the Federal Register, as well as how to use it in daily life.
- Expected level of knowledge for participants:No prerequisite knowledge required.
For details and to register, visit https://www.fdlp.gov/news-and-events/3365-webinar-what-is-the-federal-register
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Online - at your computer
- Other Webinar
To register for a DLD workshop or webinar, you must be a current staff member, Friend, or Board Member/Trustee of a library in CT. If you are an unemployed librarian in CT, please contact Steve Cauffman (email@example.com or 860-704-2223) to register.
If you cannot attend a workshop you have registered for, please remember to cancel at least 3 days in advance so we can give your spot to someone else. You can cancel via the link in your confirmation email, or by contacting Steve Cauffman firstname.lastname@example.org | (860) 704-2223.
Those who miss (without cancelling) 3 events within a 6-month period will be placed on the waiting list when registering for future events. Be sure to sign in when you arrive for any workshop.
Inclement Weather Policy
For all in-person workshops offered by the CT State Library, Division of Library Development:
If the public schools in the town where the workshop is to be held close due to weather, the workshop will be canceled. If the schools have a delay, the workshop will go on as scheduled.
For the most up-to-date information, call us at 860-704-2200.