Human Resources (Library Management Series)
Human resources is more than performance reviews and discipline. If done correctly, it’s the fulcrum in which your organization will succeed or fail. Let’s learn how to invest in your best asset.
- Hiring, training, reviewing, and, sometimes, terminating employees can be a challenge. Learn some tips on how to make it a little easier.
- Performance planning is the best way to communicate employee goals. Find out how to develop and monitor a plan.
- Accountability and teamwork are important elements of a productive staff. What is the manager’s role in those areas?
- The manager’s job is NOT to make staff happy. Nor is it to make them miserable. What’s to be done?
This is an in-person session taking place at the Middletown Library Service Center. The instructor is Tom Lawrence.
- Monday, June 24, 2019
- 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Tom Lawrence
- Middletown Library Service Center, 786 South Main St., Middletown
- DLD Workshop
To register for a DLD workshop or webinar, you must be a current staff member, Friend, or Board Member/Trustee of a library in CT. If you are an unemployed librarian in CT, please contact Gail Hurley (email@example.com or 860-704-2222) to register.
If you cannot attend a workshop you have registered for, please remember to cancel at least 3 days in advance so we can give your spot to someone else. You can cancel via the link in your confirmation email, or by contacting Gail Hurley firstname.lastname@example.org | (860) 704-2222.
Those who miss (without cancelling) 3 events within a 6-month period will be placed on the waiting list when registering for future events. Be sure to sign in when you arrive for any workshop.
Inclement Weather Policy
For all in-person workshops offered by the CT State Library, Division of Library Development:
If the public schools in the town where the workshop is to be held close due to weather, the workshop will be canceled. If the schools have a delay, the workshop will go on as scheduled.
For the most up-to-date information, call us at 860-704-2200.